Thursday 16 April 2015

Aries in the Druidcraft: Aries’ ruler


Detail from ‘The Tower’
 Druidcraft Tarot
 ©Will Worthington

As Aries is ruled by Mars, I thought it was time to look at the Major Arcana card linked with that planet – The Tower! I have to admit, I don’t find it easy to see this association. For me, The Tower feels more Uranian – the sudden, radical, ‘bolt from the blue’, big change.  

But I think the link here is Cardinal Fire, Aries. Mars rules Aries, a Fire sign.  We see fire in the image, destroying but also clearing the way so that something new can be initiated.

Fire is often seen as purifying, which is part of the message of The Tower.  Mars represents passion, which we can see at work here.  In the little book that comes with this deck, Philip and Stephanie Carr-Gomm write that ‘fury may preced grace, destruction may precede creation’.  Fury, destruction AND creation – all good Martian words! 

Druidcraft Tarot created by Philip Carr-Gomm and Stephanie Carr-Gomm, illustrated by Will Worthington, published by Connections

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha, this reminds me of one of my closest friends, an Aries, who is always threatening to burn things down :) And yes, both destruction and creation flow freely in her!

    ReplyDelete