Tuesday 11 December 2012

The 30 Day Tarot Challenge - day 1



Tarot bloggers have started to respond to this 30 Day Tarot Challenge, started by Ree at 78 Keys.  I probably won't be posting on this on a daily basis, but I will take 30 days to complete the challenge over a couple of months.

The first question that Ree posed is:

1. What introduced you to, or got you involved in tarot?

My design for the TABI Tarot Deck
That’s a very good question, but one that’s difficult to answer! The honest answer is that I don’t remember. As a child, my favourite Hallowe’en costume was a ‘gypsy’, and I was intrigued by the idea of crystal balls and divination. I don’t know when I first came across tarot cards, but I’d guess it was probably as a teenager, and probably from one of the many books I devoured during that time!  It wasn’t until much later that I actually saw a tarot deck, but already in my mind I’d imagined what the cards might look like. Once I started looking at decks, I found that although many of the images appealed to me, I couldn’t find a deck that really spoke to me, so I started thinking about creating my own.  Eventually I started to read the cards, but I found it hard to trust my intuition.  Joining the Tarot Association of the British Isles (TABI) was what really got me going!

No comments:

Post a Comment