Sunday 16 December 2012

The 30 Day Tarot Challenge - day 2



Day Two of the Tarot Challenge.  Today's question is:

What was your first deck and why/how did you get it?




My first deck was the Sharman-Caselli deck (created by Juliet Sharman-Burke, illustrated by Giovanni Caselli, published by Connections).  Why this one?  I first looked at the Rider-Waite-Smith deck but couldn’t connect to it.  My first tarot friend, who I met on-line but turned out to live in the same city as me, had the Sharman-Caselli so I borrowed that for a bit.  I found the images more accessible – I’m a visual person, so being able to connect to the artwork is important for me.  So off I trotted to a local bookshop....and the rest, as they say, is history.


And the history continues, with question Three - soon to be answered! 

Both images from the Sharman-Caselli Tarot, published by Connections 2002.



No comments:

Post a Comment