Thursday 11 August 2016

Day-dreaming: Margarete Petersen’s Seven of Cups



The journey through Margarete Petersen's Tarot continues... 
Seven of Cups (trimmed):
© Margarete Petersen Tarot
In her Seven of Cups, I see a boat in an estuary…and above that, figures in boats.  For some reason for which I've yet to come up with an explanation, that conjures up, for me, the Nile.  Do I have an unacknowledged dream to sail down (or up) the Nile, I wonder?

There’s also a face in one of the many layers in this dream-like image. Not surprising that it seems dreamlike – the Seven of Cups is often linked to illusion, day-dreams, fantasies, and the need to act so that one of them becomes reality. Liminal space!


In the accompanying book, Margarete Petersen writes about not interfering, instead allowing yourself to be in harmony with the rhythm of change. Almost the opposite of making a decision then, you might say. I think it speaks more to ensuring you're in the right frame of mind to make that choice.


What’s real, what isn’t?
Explore dreams and desires while 
the tide creates change.


Margarete Petersen Tarot, AGM-URANIA, 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment